The following is an outline of how to prepare your curbside recycling. Some recyclable materials require preparation before they can be picked up by Cando Recycling and Disposal. By following these instructions for each recyclable product below, you are insuring that your recyclable items are processed appropriately and safely. Items not outlined below are not collected at the curbside but may be dropped off to the Johnson Road transfer station.
Aluminium & Tin Can (Blue Bin)
- Rinsed clean with paper labels removed
- No Aerosol cans
Glass Bottles And Jars (Red Bin; not to exceed 35 lbs.)
- All color glass is accepted.
- Lids/corks/tops removed.
- Rinsed clean.
- NO light bulbs, mirrors, dishware or window glass.
- NO BROKEN GLASS for the safety of our personnel.
- NOT in a 20-32 gallon garbage can for the safety of our personnel.
Mixed Waste Paper (White Bin)
- Junk mail, Magazines catalogs, office paper and paper cartons. (cereal boxes etc which must be flattened)
- No plastic coated paper, milk cartons or food packaging.
- No food on paper.
- Must be placed in a paper grocery bag or similar. (no plastic bags)
- Bottles of any color.
- Milk jugs.
- Must be rinsed of all residues.
- All must be flattened and the lid reattached to save space.
- No plastic tubs, plastic bags, film plastics, black plastics or oil/antifreeze bottles.
- Not in a plastic bag of any sort; use any reusable container not exceeding 32 gallons
- Broken down and flattened (not stepped on) and bundled with tape or string.
- Must not exceed 2-ft x 3-ft x 1-ft.
- Large boxes must be cut down to size.
- No waxed cardboard.
- Must be set on ground next to recycle bin.